SC - Re: Sleeping bag warmers

ChannonM@aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Thu Mar 23 05:43:17 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 23 Mar 00,, that Par Leijonhufvud wrote:

> Half a stick of butter, one cake of yeast, half an envelope of
> saffron, etc, are much more challenging to work with for the outsider.
>
> Perhaps I should set up a webpage with this kind of info, or is
> there one already? A "Stefan"-file perhaps?

The FAQ for rec.food.cooking, widely available on the web, includes
measurement and temperature conversions and ingredient info for
bemused cooks of all nationalities.  ("What's a 'stick' of butter?" "What
is strong flour?" "How hot is Gas Mark 4?")  And, of course, a
debunking of the infamous Neiman-Marcus cookie story.

One location is:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mjw/recipes/cooking-faq

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)