SC - mushrooms

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Thu Mar 23 09:55:09 PST 2000

Brandu wrote:

>I think the difference may be the American tendency to prepare ingredients
>like mushrooms ahead of time, whereas most European cooks I have seen
>go right from the wash to the cutting board to the pot.

Probably. I wasn´t even thinking of that because I wouldn´t dream of washing
mushrooms in advance. Mind you, I usually don´t wash them, and I never soak
them, but if they look like they need some cleaning I don´t hesitate to give
them a quick rinse, then I dry them quickly with a kitchen towel, cut them
up and use them at once.

Nanna