SC - Mediaeval cookbooks to begin with

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Mar 23 09:10:21 PST 2000

Par Leijonhufvud asked:
> Perhaps I should set up a webpage with this kind of info, or is
> there one already? A "Stefan"-file perhaps?
>
> /UlfR

A webpage for what kind of info? Obscure measurements? Metric measurements?
(To some of us Americans, the two are sometimes synonymous :-) ).

There are two files in the COMMERCE section of my files:
measures-art      (21K)  1/ 5/98    Definitions of many medieval
measurements
                                       by Marc Carlson (Diarmaid)
measures-msg      (74K)  6/ 7/99    Period measures and cautions for recipes.

The first being a bit more organised. The second being just the usual
hodgepodge of collected messages.

If you would like to write another article or maintain a page of
measurement conversions, I would be happy to host it on the Florilegium
site.

Stefan

PS: Par, what does "/UlfR" stand for? Or is Par your regular name and
"UlfR" is your complete persona name? I've wondered for some time...
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net