SC - Re: SC Mushrooms

RANDALL DIAMOND ringofkings at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 23 21:51:46 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/23/00 4:36:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, Aldyth at aol.com
writes:

<< The fundraiser also featured no silverware, as they thought
 medieval man ate without utensils. >>

Actually, they did eat without utensils other than a knife until relatively
late in period. This is the reason why you only use your right hand to serve
yourself food with (your left being used for personal cleansing).

Since the truly rich had spoons (which were, in fact, sometimes distributed
to guest but are almost never distributed at SCA feasts), I use only my knife
at feast table and my fingers (although I did receive a period spoon as a
gift from a very special artisan from the Barony of Blackstone which I use
'rarely').

Ras

Ras