SC - mushrooms

Etain1263@aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Fri Mar 24 00:27:56 PST 2000

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Phil Anderson wrote:

> Except that US measures are subtly different to Imperial ones, which
> does occasionally matter.

But that is publically defined (at least if one ownes a "Rubber bible").

> > Perhaps I should set up a webpage with this kind of info [...]
>
> That would definitely be useful. The mediaeval recipe books I have
> don't tend to use such measures, but mundane recipes often do.

Yes, it would be usefull for two things; cooking based on worked out
recipies, and modern ones.

> Saffron comes in envelopes in some parts of the world?

In Sweden it is sold in any grocery store, in 0.5 gram "envelopes"
(really small, flat packages perhaps 2"x2" square). Often recipies will
just say "one package of saffron". And yeast comes in 50 g cakes, or
dried in equivalent amounts.

/UlfR

P.S. The Rubber bible is the "The CRC Handbook", where CRC stands for
Chemical Rubber Company. Just about every usefull table, standard value
or definition a science or techology geek could ever which to have (over
2000 pages of them). And mine is lost, for various reasons <sniff>. Must
splurge on a new one soon.

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
Anyway the :// part is an 'emoticon' representing a man with a strip of sticky
tape across his mouth.
		-- R. Douglas