SC - don't cringe too bad....

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Fri Mar 24 07:36:59 PST 2000

- ------------APFM25239080

It would appear that I was less than clear in my original post on this issue.  What I was actually saying is that I have mundane cookbooks in gay profusion on just about every topic under the sun but I don't have a single, solitary medieval cookbook - either redacted or original.  Not even one of the "coffee table" variety.  The oldest book I have is a reprint of Mrs Beeton.  I have accessed the Miscellany before now and got some very useful recipes from it, and I have asked a number of other cooks in the Barony for recipes, but that is the extent of my medieval cookbook range!

Gwynydd of Culloden

At 2000-03-24 14:34:55.640000,
LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 3/22/00 10:57:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> memorman at oldcolo.com writes:
>
> << Cariadoc's is an excellent source, but is not necessarily the
> place to
>  start (although i started with it...). >>
>
> On rereading the original post, my take is that the poster already
> has books
> containing redactions and other research but was interested in
> ACTUAL period
> cookbooks instead of the 'coffee table' books they already have.
> Please
> correct me if I am wrong.
>
> I also started with Cariadoc's works and, unlike some, would
> recommend
> starting at the source so as not to be tainted by others
> interpretations.
>
> Anyway, my gist of the original post was that they already had
> several books
> of a general nature and wanted PERIOD cookbooks at this time.
> Again I
> apologize if I was mistaken (which does not appear to be the case).
>
> Ras
> SCA-Cooks".

> =========

 Send Amazing Cards FREE by e-mail with
 FREE e-Gift and FREE decoration:
 www.mini-card.com/index.asp?referer=fm1
 Get your own free email account at
 http://www.freemail.com.au/ now part of the
 Webuser.com.au independent portal. Visit at…
 http://www.webuser.com.au
- ------------APFM25239080--