SC - dutch ovens

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Fri Mar 24 22:31:38 PST 2000

Adamantius commented:
> I had a tablemate at the last event feast I was at, who I think was a
> bit thrown by my eating macrows one at a time with my fingers. She
> commented, "I always thought there was no way in the world to eat
> spaghetti with your hands and make it look elegant." Of course I offered
> to share my scented fingerbowl with her, as any gentleman ought
> to...strange to say, she politely declined.

ooh. Interesting. Are there any Italian cookbooks or manner books which
describe how to eat pasta? Even with a knife and a spoon, I can see
where it would be difficult to eat it elegantly. Especially the long
stranded ones like spaghetti and fetucine(sp?).

Italy was one of the first European countries to adopt the fork as
an eating utensil. I wonder if there is any connection.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net