SC - Catalan/Libre de Sent Sovi

margali margali at 99main.com
Sat Mar 25 05:59:52 PST 2000

Greetings,
"al dente" means literally "to the teeth."  it describes
pasta cooked so that it slightly resistant to the bite
without being hard or crunchy.  (In other words, not mushy,
not crunchy)  Having a fairly long history of family lore
passed down to me, I can say it's been a practice for
awhile, but I don't know just how long.
Serian