SC - cornbread

Aldyth@aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Sat Mar 25 13:22:05 PST 2000

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000 09:09:20 -0500 Elaine Koogler
<ekoogler at chesapeake.net> writes:
> I have to admit that I was the one that asked for the recipe.  I do
> not subscribe to the other list, and am relatively new to this one.
Please
> forgive me for causing a duplication.  However, I do appreciate having
the >recipe,  and anticipate trying it out as soon as I can locate a
source for
> calendula flowers.
>
> Kiri

	No need to apologize, it just truly gave me a good case of deja vu.  I
had not originally looked to see that the original discussion was
happening on the Herb list, but realized it rather late when someone on
that list and not on this one responded.   And then it came up again
here, with very similar cautionary statements, and *poof*  it was like
deja vu all over again (thanks, Yogi).
	By all means, give this stuff a try.  Calendula flowers should be
available in a health food store.  Didn't you say you were in North
Carolina?  I realize this is a large state, but I know of at least a few
up there (Hendersonville Food Co-op is the only name that comes to mind
just now, but I will check at work and see if I can't turn up some more
names for you.)  We sell a product by Ecclectic Institute called "Muscle
Gel".  The ingredients are Arnica (Arnica latifolia - whole plant), St.
John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum) flower and leaf, Calendula (Calendula
officinalis)flower, Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) root, Echinacea
Purpurea root & seed, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) bark, aloe vera
and vitamin C.  It looks like jellied beef broth, but does not leave a
stain when rubbed in, and works wonders on strains, sprains, bruises, and
other physical traumas.  You might try to find some while your own potion
is brewing!
	Good luck,
	Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP Meridies
	Welcome to the list, by the way, I never got a chance to respond to your
	introduction!