SC - Asparagus anyone??

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Mar 27 12:27:00 PST 2000

> Like describing Yankee Firehouse Chili as "heretical", Goode Sir Gunthar? ;->
> I do seem to recall that conversation...   =->

In a way. I was speaking tongue-in-cheek and immediately apologized when
I realized you took my words seriously. I was playing the "pure Texan" where
only we do barbecue, chili and steaks right. Sparking a discussion is one thing
but being derogatory is another. I did speak disdainfully of any chili other than
Texan but hoped it was seen as silliness. And I got some great recipes out of
it as well.

And I still don't like beans in my chili.

> Brandu

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

> (Trying to recreate the recipe, since my uncle won't give it to me
> "unless I'm on my deathbed, boy, and that aint now!" Still trying to worm it out
> of him, though. I'll post it if either method is successful. )

Only if he grants it. You should let your uncle's legacy remain. Of course you
could
remind him that if the recipe gets out, especially with his name attached, then
others
would be able to appreciate his genius long after he's gone......

Yers,

Gunthar