SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2059

Guenevere Nelson-Melby Guenevere_Nelson-Melby at needham.k12.ma.us
Tue Mar 28 04:46:56 PST 2000

RANDALL DIAMOND wrote:

>  And oh yes, Krystal started in Chattanoga.  Ah, the
> glory of a steamy gutbomb with with extra onions!  White Castle?
> Bleeeh! A pale and wan imitation of the real item!

Hmmm. Of pale and wan I have no doubt, but imitation? What date can you
cite for Krystal? White Castle is a very old chain indeed, in fast food terms.

[I always enjoyed the ongoing rumor that White Castle was so cheap they
molded their burgers with five little holes in them, to save meat, and
then White Castle's ad campaign in response, which said, "The holes are
molded in, not punched out, so you lose nothing!" What genius came up
with this, instead of the simple truth that their much-vaunted "steam
grills" would send their burgers sticking to the ceiling if they didn't
have holes in them, I'll never know.]

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy