SC - NYC ingredient resource

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Mar 28 05:49:43 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 28 Mar 00,, that CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is currently a Master list of "period"
> ingredients we can access to make our jobs a little easier?

Wouldn't such a list would have to be subdivided by time and place?
Olive oil is "period", for example, but it would not be appropriate for
cooking a 15th century Anglo-Normal feast.

Or are you thinking in terms of: what fruits/cheeses/raw veggies, etc.,
would have been eaten in period, and therefore not be out of place on a
generic dayboard?

In either case, I suspect that much of what you want is already in the
Florilegium.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann