SC - Book on Mongol Foods, Islamic Medicine (long)

DeeWolff@aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 09:42:30 PST 2000

Elaine Koogler wrote:

> I think another thing that bears pointing out is the fact that different
> restaurants in the same chain can vary widely in the quality of the food they
> produce.  I know that I have eaten in Applebee's restaurants in a number of
> places, and generally found them to be reasonably good...not great, but reasonably
> good!  So, when we got one here in beautiful downtown Prince Frederick (first
> chain restaurant other than McD's and Roy Roygers), I was quite pleased...until I
> ate there.  The food is AWFUL!!!!  I've also noticed this with other chains as
> well.

Whether it is true or not I couldn't say, but it's been rumored that
Japanese branches of McDeath will fry certain menu items in a form of
fish oil. There may be more to it than that, as with the thing I read
this morning that nam pla is made from fish piled in a barrel and "aged"
(nudge, nudge, wink wink). In other words, this may conceivably be a
case of telling the truth to mislead.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy