SC - don't cringe too bad....

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 18:47:01 PST 2000

Adamantius wrote:

 It can be served warm or cold, but hot
>zabaglione kicks butt, because it combines the whole warm-custard
>comfort-food thing with the aromatic and faintly dangerous hot wine
>fumes. No, under normal circumstances for most people, it is not
>dangerous at all, it's just, well, hard to explain.

Hot wine fumes are one of the most wonderful smells put on this earth.
When I mull wine, which is a favourite in winter for events and things like
that, I love leaning over the pot and catching the spiced wine fumes. And
zabaglione was the best thing put on this earth for a fanatic wine-buff
like me.  Here's my favourite recipe for it.  It's relatively simple to
make and tastes divine.

4 egg yolks
1/4 cup castor sugar
1/3 cup marsala

Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until
really thick and creamy.  Transfer the mixture into a medium heatproof
bowl.  Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water; gradually beat in the
marsala, then beat until the mixture is thick, creamy and will hold it's
own shape

Delicious.