SC - Feeding Fighters

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 21:18:35 PST 2000

Christi Rigby wrote:

> Adamantius said:
>
> Yeah, they have Sloppy Joes here on the East Coast too, but I don't
> think I've ever seen them sold commercially, except in cans and perhaps
> in school cafeterias. I get the impression that the loose meat
> sandwiches don't have a binder of tomato/chili sauce like Sloppy Joes,
> though.
> _______________________
>
> Every sloppy joe I have ever had has had a tomato based sauce binding it.
>
> The loose meat sandwiches are just steamed ground beef.  Actually I thought
> that they are pretty good.

Better than a kick in the head, as the saying goes. No, seriously,
there's no reason why what you're describing shouldn't be perfectly
fine, or at least as viable as any hamburger. It seems to me that this
would remove the option of having it rare, but having Dish B be
different from the optimal conditions for Dish A is not necessarily a problem.

As for the distinction between Sloppy Joes and loose meat sandwiches. I
think we kinda said the same thing. One question, though. If there's no
binder, does that mean persons of a certain religious denomination can't
eat them?

Adamantius (ducking and running and not even stopping at the rock)
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com