SC - Grains of Paradise. The story so far

The Cheshire Cat cheshire at southcom.com.au
Tue Mar 28 21:35:34 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/27/2000 10:21:36 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

<<
 Here's a question for all you fighter-types, from someone who doesn't...
 I'm purely wondering if the variety of environments in which people fight
affect
 what they crave/want to eat when they're fighting? >>

When we are at Estrella, I usually prepare a dayboard for about 8-10 heavy
suit fighters with HE Viscount Don Christopher's.  (this year being an
exception due to ill health).  The temperature is usually in the high
eighties.  I provide summer sausage, salty crackers, a mix of cheeses,
grapes, oranges, melons (cantaloupe and honeydew mostly) , water, Sekanjabin,
and gatorade.  There is usually a little cheese left over and sometimes some
of the crackers if I have a lot of them.  Of the fighters, there are one or
two who only rehydrate with the liquids, one or two who eat only the fruit,
one or two who eat lightly of all of it, and one who eats anything that
doesn't move too fast, and asks for more.  None of them have ever gotten ill
from overheating or had problems fighting because of hydration problems or
from overeating.  They range in size from one ferocious 5'7", 135 pounder to
four men over six and a half feet tall who mass a total of nearly half of a
ton.
It has been four Wars since I began bringing the Sekanjabin, and now most of
them prefer it to the gatorade or water. This year, when I could not take it
to them on the field, they chose to leave behind some of the arms and armor
they normally carry to the field, so they could take a cooler of the
Sekanjabin and one of water.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt