SC - don't cringe too bad....

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 23:45:20 PST 2000

Adamantius said:
> Whether it is true or not I couldn't say, but it's been rumored that
> Japanese branches of McDeath will fry certain menu items in a form of
> fish oil.

I don't believe this is true. Quite the opposite in fact. I have a
friend I met in college in 1975. He spent a number of years in Japan
as a US military dependant. His comment was that McDonald's moving
into Japan was the best thing that ever happened to hamburgers there.

He says that prior to this, it was the Japanese burger joints that
cooked their hamburgers in fish oil, which according to him, made them
taste "fishy". Since McDonald's used a different oil, the taste was
much better.

He also mentioned the problem of being a tall American teen-ager
being crammed onto Japanese subway cars where all the short Japanese
women were carrying umbrellas. :-)
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net