SC - Feeding Fighters

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Mar 29 00:07:59 PST 2000

Aelfwyn said:
> The juice I mentioned for the _Medieval Kitchen_ recipe is in a 24oz. bottle.
> Labeled: GOYA Naranja Agria Bitter Orange marinade from concentrate. with a
> pretty picture of some oranges. Ingredients say: water, Seville orange juice
> concentrate, Seville orange pulp cells, preservatives....Now before folks can
> flame about this being a from concentrate product, please consider that some
> of us live in less than optimal food shopping areas. In 30+ years of grocery
> shopping in Maine I have never seen actual Seville oranges that I could buy
> and squeeze.

Thank you for this information. This is wonderful. I'm one of those
that can get Seville oranges, even on my side of town. But I can't
guarantee that they will have them when I want them. Keeping a bottle
of this bitter orange concentrate around would be an excellant
backup. Does it need to be refrigerated after being opened? :-(

Any idea if this is reconstituted to equal the fresh stuff? It
does say marinade and not juice. I've got this problem with a
pomegranate concentrate. I don't know if I need to add water or
not to get back to a pomegranate juice. And they don't say on the
bottle.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net