SC - don't cringe too bad....(Cod & Chips & McRendangs)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Mar 29 03:49:29 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/29/00 12:18:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

> ne of the main things to be aware of is to make sure you are actually
>  getting saffron and not an imitation.

Is there such a bird as "imitation saffron"?    I would think that U.S. Truth
in Menu Laws (or Standards of Fill, etc) would prohibit the sale of something
labeled saffron, if it was not really saffron (of some grade or another.)  Of
course, this is not a U.S. only list we are on, is it? Caveat Imptor

Man cannot live on bread alone... he must have beer to soak it in.