Fermented ham? Was, Re: SC - don't cringe too bad....

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Mar 29 06:05:22 PST 2000

The recipe is from a restaurant in San Francisco (branch in LA) called The
Stinking Rose...if you're ever in that area and like/love garlic, don't miss this
one!!!

1 1/2 cups peeled garlic cloves
1 1/2 cups extra virgin oliveoil
2 oz. butter
1 can (2 oz) anchovies

1.  Place all ingredients inoven caserole, cover and place in 275 degree oven for
1 1/2 hours.
2.  Serve with bread and cut up veggies.

The only down side to this is that if you pig out, as I usually do, then you
smell of garlic for several days...but then who cares?  It's well worth the
sacrifice.

Kiri