SC - Re:Juice of Sour Oranges

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Mar 29 07:49:29 PST 2000

Jeff Gedney wrote:

> Does any of this have period antecedants?
> the only PERIOD "Eat the Garlic for its own sake" recipe I have seen is
> Aquapatys ...  are there any others?

I don't know if you'd count a garlic sauce, but it figures quite heavily
in cormarye, the marinated pork loin dish, and features in English
14th-15th century recipes involving stuffing a chicken with parsley,
whole garlic, and grapes, some of which involve pureeing the stuffing as
a sauce for da boids, and some of which don't say, so presumably dabbing
that garlic on bread, say, would not be out of order.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com