Zabaglione - was, Re: SC - Book Review WAS Verjus

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Mar 29 12:58:54 PST 2000

Hallo. Bear with me, folks, I'm in librarian mode:

We just had donated to the Library (as have all other libraries on
Pennsylvania, in honor of National Library Week April 5th to 13th) a truly
fabulous book for gardeners devoted to historical breeds of produce. The
publisher is in Pennsylvania, and has donated about 10 books on herbs,
organic gardening, herbal medicine, etc., in a most generous way to the
Penna libraries.  Most of the book is dedicated to colonial gardening
varieties, but it's a short hop to renaissance gardening from there, and
another quick jump to medieval varieties.

The very best information is at the back: resources for heirloom seeds and
plants, contacts for heirloom gardening societies, lists of Historical
gardens in the USA and Canada.

Here's the scoop:

Title: Heirloom Gardens, Timeless Treasures for Today's Gardeners