SC - Question about Icelandic Chicken

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Thu Mar 30 09:12:02 PST 2000

Nanna wrote:

And yes, we do have a list of approved baby names. So do the other Nordic
countries, I believe. But people will in the majority of cases get approval
for a name that isn´t on the list. We used to have a system that was very
much like the SCA naming rules, as I´ve understood them - if you could
document that the name you wanted had been used a number of times within a
given period, it was approved. Now it is much easier to get approval.

Do you know where one can find a copy of this list.  I am trying to decide
on a name for my second son and my husband and I have Nordic heritage and
would love to use a Nordic name.  (And I would like him to consider a name
other than Magnus Thor).

Murkial
(of the ever expanding waistline)