SC - Getting the general populace to eat "period dishes"

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 09:42:51 PST 2000

	snip
> BTW, could someone please clear up for me what is meant in the States by
> "root beer"?  I have rather taken it to mean "sasparilla" while my Lady
> contends that it is "ginger beer".  Given that it was on a suggested list
> of possibles for taking to a pot luck, I have a nasty feeling that she is
> right.

	I like both sarsaparilla and ginger beer (really love ginger beer)
and find most American root beers taste a lot more like sarsaparilla but not
quite. It varies by brand and I was raised on A & W. Root beer is not much
like ginger beer. (the best ginger beer locally available in Oklahoma is
Cock & Bull).
	Margarite