SC - Greetings...

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Fri Mar 31 19:11:25 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 31 Mar 00,, that Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Grind them or chop them coarsely ahead of time and finish them on-site w/a
> mortar and pestle? Related question: Has anyone out there ever gotten
> almond milk to actually _thicken_ anything? I can't seem to get it to
> work.  Any hints would be appreciated! --Maire

I've only recently started cooking with almond milk, but I find that one
ounce of ground almonds per cup of liquid (and strained through a fine
wire sieve) is enough to bring it to the consistency of gravy.  You do
have to simmer it for a while.  I assume that more almonds would
produce a thicker end product.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann