SC - Highnesses, Lownesses, and Period Cooking.

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Mar 1 08:58:04 PST 2000

> Poppy Gunthar? you have been in the Heavy lists more recently than I
> ( I blew out my spine years ago, restricted to fencing, dontcha know! ),
> is this a frequent occurrence ANYWHERE else? especially in light of
> the rules of the lists forbidding taking the field to settle personal scores?
>
> brandu

Poppy? Why I oughta armor up and.....

Sorry.

No, actually if something like this happened the challenging fighter would
be told to get a grip on reality. Here in Ansteorra, if a fighter says something

that would merit a challenge the offender will apologize for his crude
behaviour or if he doesn't his knight or baron will be informed to take proper
measures. I don't think I've seen a single time when someone was taken
on the field and beaten as a challenge of honor. There has been once or twice
when, during a tournament they were hit a little harder or deliberately in
a tender spot as a reminder of proper behaviour but never an "armor up
varlet" sort of thing.

Sounds more like SCA urban legend to me.

I know that if I did or said something which so offended someone that they
would issue challenge I would immediately apologize and attempt to
rectify my honor.

Yers,

Gunthar