SC - Getting people to eat period food

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Wed Mar 1 12:29:06 PST 2000

You know in all this foofaraw, I completely missed this...

> > Also, (he said with an
> > evil grin) I had the people I got the rabbits from save me a quart of blood,
> > so I could thicken the sauce properly. I didn't tell anyone about it until
> > the following day, after everyone had raved about the meal, and it had been
> > safely digested and converted to fertilizer. I then let the cat out of the
> > bag, and watching the shocked looks of incredulity pass over peoples faces
> > was a riot.
>
> This was, while maybe cute and effective and a way to get people to eat
> something new, A REALLY BAD IDEA.

I have to agree.
Not telling people what they are eating is "stealth cooking"
I would have felt somewhat violated. Nobody should determine what
goes into my tummy but me!

ALWAYS have a _complete_ ingredient list.
There are far too many and varied allergies and sensitivities among us,
that this sort of thing is taking too damn much of a risk.

Sigfried, you are lucky you weren't slapped with a lawsuit!!
(and the SCA would _not_ have protected you because you were
engaged in "deceptive practices")
Even if no one was sensitive/allergic, you could well have been liable
for punitave damages due to "mental pain and anguish"

This is a SCARY thing to do.
Please do not do it, however noble the purpose.

PLEASE??

Brandu