SC - More contoversial subjects

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 10:57:34 PST 2000

I'm taking a day off from work for my birthday and feeling pretty frisky, so
let's see if I can start a good passionate discussion or two (since the list
has been so dead lately<EG>)  Here's my list, how about some others posting
theirs?  I promise mine will be food related, sort of.
1. You know, there are BOD rules against using Society Funds for special
dishes to be fed to High Table only, but Atenveldt Royalty lives in pavilions
paid for by Society Funds at Estrella  Isn't that a bit hypocritical?
2. Why do a lot of people say that medieval food was heavily overspiced?
Isn't it just possible that medieval palates had not been polluted by tobacco
or industrial pollutants, so they would appreciate more subtle flavoring than
we moderns would?
3. Why is it that we are all a pretty humorous bunch, except when our own
private buttons are pushed?  I am not pointing at anyone but me here, it's
just that recent things on this list made me ask myself: Why can I laugh at
the hypocrisies others display but get defensive when my own are belittled?
I really make an effort at this, because my one real prejudice is against
intolerance, so I hate it when I am intolerant, but it is difficult, because
we are talking deeply buried stuff here.  It is especially difficult when it
comes to food, because food preferences go VERY deeply into the psyche.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt
(m.k.a. Buckeye, AZ)