SC - hiding ingredients

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Thu Mar 2 14:11:48 PST 2000

> I would not take kindly to being fed foods that are against my beliefs.
When
> I eat a feast I assume that the cooks will "take care of the dinners" in a
> chivilrous manner and not cause them, as you say, "psychic pain."  The
eating
> of life-blood is so disgusting to me that I feel traumatized just sitting
> here!
    Um. You might want to do some research into industrial food production
methods, with particular emphasis on what the USDA considers food products.
I'm not being sarky - if you feel that way, and are really serious about it,
then get the facts about what goes into what you eat. You'll wind up making
major revisions in your diet as a result. I hate to say it, but this really
is one of those cases where ignorance is bliss. It's like seeing Chthulu -
once you KNOW, you'll never be the same.
    I, on the other hand, am an equal opportunity omnivore.

> PLEASE  people, let the populace know ALL the ingredients in a dish.  Let
> THEM make the decision to eat something or not.   And here we step into
the
> area of allergies,  If you cause a person to eat an ingredient that makes
> them sick for days afterward..  Is it really worth it, just to get them to
> try something new?  Doesn't that person have the right to say "no thanks,
> don't want to risk being sick for days afterward."  What right does any
cook
> have to endanger a feaster.
> I know what I am talking about!!  As a person with ulserative collitis, I
> have to be very, very careful what I eat. I need to know EXACTLY what is
in a
> dish and how it was prepared or I run the risk of becoming VERY sick.
    Once again, this was fresh rabbit, still full of juices, blood included.
The chicken was slightly bloody, too. You'll have that. Rabbit blood could
not cause any reaction other than a psychological one, unless they had an
allergy to rabbit to begin with. And I've NEVER heard of a rabbit allergy.
Elmer Fudd doesn't count. I list whatever ingredients I add, and haven't had
a need or desire to hide any ingredients.