SC - "What Every Peer Should Know" pamplet

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Fri Mar 3 08:08:11 PST 2000

Stefan asks:

>Huh??? Is there such a thing? Or is this a metaphor? If this hand-out
is real, how can I get a copy (I assume it is also available to us
peons)? And in addition, I would love to know who holds the copyright
as I think such an article, or series of articles, would make a
wonderful addition to the Florilegium. <

Actually, it's just kind of a running joke here in the MK, everytime we have
a Peer, particularly a Royal Peer, do something, um, less than Peer-like. It
would be a good idea, though- any of you Peers on the List willing to take
it on? I think it might be nice if we were to have an intro by a 4 way Peer
or two, explaining the duties expected of any Peer in general, with 4 more
sections collaborated on by 2 or 3 of each flavor of Peer, letting people
know what is expected of each specific Peerage, in terms of teaching their
specialty, acting as role models, etc. Perhaps there might even be a section
at the end, where we peons might speak about what we expect of a Peer.

Since I think it would be a good thing for the general populace to know as
well for Peers to have as a reference, your Florilegium would be a great
place to post it- it would therefor be easily accessible, downloadable, and
distributable. I know that the idea of the Vigil is to get much of this
information to the vigilee, as the Tanist position is intended to let a
Royal Peer find out what they're in for, but having a coherent, fairly
comprehensive manual available might be a Very Good Thing.

A few years ago, before the advent of email, such a thing might well have
been very difficult to coordinate, particularly across Kingdoms, as such a
manual must be, but I think today, it would be very doable. What do you
folks think? I'd like to hear from both Peers and non-Peers alike.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous