SC - "What Every Peer Should Know" pamplet

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Mar 3 09:32:48 PST 2000

My views on the subject, or some of them, can be found in the essay
"Peers Errant" in the _Miscellany_. I suspect that, as that example
may suggest, different people would have widel differing ideas of
what ought to go in such a pamphlet.

For example, my view that the moral virtues required of a knight are
substantially different from those required of laurel--as I like to
say, Egil Skallagrimsson was not a knight but Benvenuto Cellini was a
Laurel, even if he did have an attitude problem--may not be
universally shared.
David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/