SC - "What Every Peer Should Know" pamplet

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Fri Mar 3 12:26:37 PST 2000

Cariadoc skrev:

>My views on the subject, or some of them, can be found in the essay
>"Peers Errant" in the _Miscellany_. I suspect that, as that example
>may suggest, different people would have widel differing ideas of
>what ought to go in such a pamphlet.

>For example, my view that the moral virtues required of a knight are
>substantially different from those required of laurel--as I like to
>say, Egil Skallagrimsson was not a knight but Benvenuto Cellini was a
>Laurel, even if he did have an attitude problem--may not be
>universally shared.

Actually, your  Grace, I was rather hoping that you might be interested in
helping write the first section of the pamphlet, and I know I could trust
you to find other quads with whom you hold differing opinions to work with
to create the entire section.

Thoughts?

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous