OT - Re: SC - Hard versus soft wheat berries for frumenty?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Mar 3 19:13:56 PST 2000

"James F. Johnson" wrote:

> "Laura C. Minnick" wrote:
> >
> > (And I remember Marlon Perkins too- especially his detatched way of
> > narrating when some animal was being totally shredded by another "...And
> > so works the social order at the watering hole as the lioness reduces
> > the dik-dik population by one... slowly, the other animals return to the
> > water's edge, sensing that the lioness has eaten her fill and is no
> > longer a direct threat...")

Hey, change a few of the words and put on a Provencal accent and you get
Jacques Cousteau.

> Wasn't one of those "other animals" usually Jim? Seems he did most of
> the field work while Marlon calmly and detachedly comments from the side
> lines......

I vaguely recall a guy named, IIRC, Bill Burrud, a sort of
rugged-dude-in-khaki, who was the one that usually got elected to get
eaten by crocs. I was pretty small then, so I may have this wrong.
Oh, yeah, Marlon rarely even left the comfy Walt-Disney-style library set...

"When _you_ get ordered by the producer and director to get eaten by
crocs while the nominal host sits on his duff on a library set with a
few African shields in the background, Mutual of Omaha can help..."

BTW, I do hope Lord Stefan, and everyone else, understands that I intend
no malice or disrespect whatsoever for the wonderful work he has done.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com