SC - sour cherry pie

Magdalena magdlena at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 5 11:19:00 PST 2000

Someone asked for a cherry tart recipe a while back.  I
don't think this is what she? had in mind, but I thought I'd
post it.

Platina 8.40

40.  Sour Cherry Pie

    Pound in a mortar pitted sour cherries which can be
called 'merendae'.  When they are pounded, mix into them
well cut up roses, a little fresh  cheese, and ground aged
cheese, a bit of pepper, a little ginger, a little more
sugar, and four beaten eggs.  When they are mixed, cook in a
well-greased pan with a lower crust on a slow fire.  When
they are taken off the fore, pour sugar and rosewater over
them.  This does not differ much from the above in force and
pleasantness.

(the above is millet pie)

- -Magdalena