SC - OT-OOP but I gotta RANT!!!

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Sun Mar 5 23:50:26 PST 2000

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> What appalls me is- what planet is she on? Has she ever given birth?
> Doesn't she know that no one sends out birth announcments anymore-
> you're too busy trying to get 20 minutes of sleep in a row or wondering
> if the baby will sleep long enough that you can have a shower. I have
> three kids- I remember all too well. With a new baby in the house no one
> is going to make cute cut-outs of anything. My 'birth announcements'
> went out via a phone tree, not the mailman. The new moms I know aren't
> worried about making a card look like a bootie- and they certainly
> aren't looking to have their picture taken, not when they haven't washed
> their hair in three days and have baby barf all over their robe. Why add
> the extra burden of having to put out a 'cute' announcement?

But, Dahling, doesn't your nanny tend to the children? How on earth
would you have time for arranging the manor, snubbing the servants, and
sending out those cute little birth announcements that are just to die
for. Isn't that what children are for?

I recall an episode (or at least the teaser for it) for 'Just Shoot Me'
in which one of the characters became leader of the Assistants to the
Rich and Famous. He was asking one how her boss, Martha Stewart, was
doing, as her assistant downed a shot and chased it with beer.
Compulsively.

Seumas