SC - OT-OOP but I gotta RANT!!!

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 6 08:48:18 PST 2000

'Lainie ranted:
>Today- she addresses Birth Announcements. One must have Perfectly
>Tasteful birth announcements, it seems. She briefly covers having a
>stationer do them, and then goes on and on and on about cute and
>charming ideas for HANDMADE cards, with personal touches...
>
>What appalls me is- what planet is she on? Has she ever given birth?
>Doesn't she know that no one sends out birth announcments anymore-
>you're too busy trying to get 20 minutes of sleep in a row or wondering
>if the baby will sleep long enough that you can have a shower...

Well, dear, i have seen birth announcements. They are not a thing of
the past. You just send the housekeeper out in your spare SUV to post
them, after having designed by a professional card designer and
printed up by a local printer.

You DO have a spare SUV for your housekeeper to use, don't you?

And, of *course* you have time to plan these things and to sleep
after a baby is born! Because you have hired a nanny. You *do* have a
nanny, don't you?

Doesn't everyone?

Anahita
who doesn't have a car,
but my mother gave her old second car (for which she continues to pay
the upkeep) to my brother so *his* nanny could use it (the nanny has
a car, but i guess it just isn't nice enough) (and of course he and
his wife each have their own car)
(oh, and he has two kids, but the nanny will only look after one at a
time, so every day but the weekend one of them is at a grandmother's
house - at least there are two grandmas nearby)