SC - question after recipe

Terri Spencer taracook at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 16:38:36 PST 2000

- - -Magdalena wrote:

...although a few recipes do call for steeping your whatever in
aquavitae or brandy.

What are the sources of those recipes?  I've been looking for recipes
steeping whatever in brandy, but the only one I've found so far is
Martha Washington's "To make Cinnamon Water without distilling", which
sounds like more like an exception than the rule.  All the steeping
recipes I've come across seem to be from significantly out of period,
when brandy and aqua vitae were (presumably) more commonly available.
I'd love to be proved wrong...

Tara