SC - Starter Recipes

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Tue Mar 7 09:01:21 PST 2000

My favorite cooking shows happen to be Justin Wilson (not so
much for the cooking as for the stoh-ries) and "The Urban Peasant",
which gentleman's name escapes me...

Amra, Kitchen Idiot

- --- LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 3/6/00 10:36:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> mermayde at juno.com writes:
> << Sarah Moulton's shows (Cooking Live and
>  Cooking Prime-time) are better at covering the bases, >>
>
> She does do some practical things and offers advice which is timely
> on
> procedures, etc., but she also throws out 'facts' about medieval
> cookery that
> are blatantly false. I have also caught her occasionally making
> unfactual
> statements about other historical cookery not associated with the
> middle
> ages. She may be able to teach cooking but she certainly is not
> very good with her facts, IMO.
>
> The best cooking shows are The Frugal Gourmet and the early
> episodes of
> Graham Kerr, IMO. I do watch Emirell though. He reminds me of
> myself in many ways.:-)
>
> Ras

Ras, I think you bear some close watching. VERY close watching.
(Psst! who's got the net? tranquilizer gun?)

<VBEG>

=====
Adios -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!  Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Var.e-mail: (most reliable) kihe at ticnet.com,
kihe at rocketmail.com, KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com