SC - Feast Beverages

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Wed Mar 8 23:01:25 PST 2000

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000 DianaFiona at aol.com wrote:

>> Are you certain that the ice-chest is "approved" for hot foods? For oil
>> or acidic foods?

>     No, and I haven't figured out how to check up on it easily yet. But I
> figure that an ice chest, designed to hold food to start with, is *likely* to
> be made of food safe plastic, or at least of very low toxicity. Sometimes the
> tendency of the US government to overregulate everything in sight can come in
> handy............. ;-) And if nothing else, it's *got* to be safer than using
> trash bags with built in insecticide!

I agree that making sure it is at least under some conditions safe is
better than known toxics. But you may want to try checking the type of
plastic, and then check the lists for it. The coloring agent may still
get you, but you can at least find out the status of the plastic.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
The Seventh Commandment for Technicians:
Work thou not on energized equipment, for if thou dost, thy fellow workers
will surely buy beers for thy widow and console her in other ways.