SC - Gulf War? was SC-RE:Gunther's Challenge

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Mar 9 00:07:32 PST 2000

Ras said:
> Last year many folks wanted a get together at the event you mention. Many
> folks posted they wanted a get together. Out of the many interested folks no
> one organized it so many folks did not turn up at said gathering.

Not quite true. No one organised it ahead of time. At the War when I realized
that no one else seemed to be doing it, I along with someone else who I can't
remember the name of right now, arranged to hold it in my encampment. I then
got the notice to the newspaper and to the event heralds. Unfortunately,
because this was organised on Tues. or Wed. night, we chose Friday night
have a better chance of getting the word out. What made this bad was that
the skies opened up Friday morning.

Yes, upon trying to organise this I realized just how difficult it is to
get word out to a small group spread throughout a large event. This is
why this year I've made an effort to get some arrangements before folks
leave town, rather than just saying look for details in the newspaper.

> Perhaps you are such a person to do this? That is really all it takes. ;-)

Friday evening in Class Tent #2 at 6 pm.

> Ras

Stefan
PS: I still haven't seen any information whether this will be a feast
presentation to HRH Trimaris or not.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net