SC - Feast Fees in Ansteorra

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Thu Mar 9 19:18:25 PST 2000

    Handing out tokens and being able to enforce them are two separate
issues; you'll always have crashers that will tell the servers that they
'forgot' theirs back in camp, but they paid, uh-huh. The servers don't want
to create a scene, and tend to be trusting souls (not enough toothmarks on
their asses yet), and in a lot of cases, their 'friends' will vouch for
them.
    I've tried assigned seating, complete with place cards, and still had
crashers. And the worst part is that you really don't have any way of
knowing for sure how many crashers you have, given the inherent chaos of a
feasthall. That's one of the reasons I prepare for more than anticipated.
    I've always wanted to post a very prominent notice that any crashers
found will be hauled up before the High Table and publicly humiliated by the
King - or worse, the Queen. They will then be given the choice of being
thrown off site, or cleaning up the kitchen, and repeat offenders will
become main courses in subsequent feasts. (My plan is so sublime, I shall
achieve in time, to make the punishment fit the crime, the punishment fit
the crime . . .)

    Sieggy