SC - Troll booths, fees, and random opinion

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Mar 9 23:10:54 PST 2000

Morgan said:

> About fees, I remain astonished (after two years) that in Ansteorra the
> feast fee is included in the site fee.  Most of the time I have to look on
> it as an additional donation to the group because I cannot eat feast due to

>  I asked one time when I saw that there was no site-only fee
> and got a long and somewhat snotty message that "it's the way Ansteorra does
> things, it's easier on the cooks to assume that everybody will eat feast and
> this way we don't look inhospitable by telling some people that they cannot
> eat feast because we are limiting the numbers."  So I gave up and decided
> that Ansteorrans are lazy with math.

> I've lived and travelled in most Kingdoms, and Ansteorra is the only one I
> know of that has a Kingdom-wide (as I was told, I mostly do camping events
> here or things that don't have a feast) policy of putting the two costs
> together and no option for site-only.

How far do you travel in Ansteorra?

I would say that combined feast and site fees are uncommon in Ansteorra
myself. I think the area north of the Dallas area is the main place I've
seen this. Of course, most of my events in Ansteorra have been in the
central Texas area. I think I can remember only one event in this area
in ten years that combined the two.

While at one time I thought the idea was good, I've since come to
be against it because of some of the problems you mention.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net