SC - Feast Fees in Ansteorra

Fri Mar 10 06:47:10 PST 2000

>     Handing out tokens and being able to enforce them are two separate
> issues; you'll always have crashers that will tell the servers that they
> 'forgot' theirs back in camp, but they paid, uh-huh.
>
>     Sieggy

We had a rash of this a number of years ago which came to a head at the
first InterKingdom event between Ansteorra and Calontir.  After the event,
we determined that a shortage in a couple of the dishes was caused by an
"overflow" of about 10%.  For the next couple of years, the Baroness took
charge of hall control and the crashing dropped to acceptable levels (None,
for most events.  The offenders were not up to facing the Baroness on a
tear.).

We've put all the controls in place, but unless you can absolutely control
access to the hall, it is impossible to keep out all the crashers.  What you
can do is enforce the feast tokens and keep the shrinkage to a minimum.

Bear