SC - Re: Verjus

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Mar 10 22:42:10 PST 2000

Micaylah commented about verjuice:
> And then of course you can make your own. I buy unripened grapes in
> August/Sept. (just before they start to ripen), make it and then
> freeze it it icecube trays for the upcoming year. Seems to work so
> far.

Interesting. Where do you find the unripened grapes to buy? At your
grocery? I really wouldn't expect there to be much demand for unripen
grapes mundanely, so I wouldn't expect them to be available. Unknowing
customers who buy such expecting eating grapes would probably not be
happy and take it out on the store.

How do you process the grapes into verjuice? Any particular type of
grapes?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net