SC - Anglo-Saxon Food-good book?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Mar 11 00:06:39 PST 2000

Grimmund asked:
> O learned ones, I ask a question:
> For $17US and shipping, is this book worth the money?
>
> A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Food : Processing and Consumption
>                            by Ann Hagen
>                            Our Price: $16.95

Although, I doubt I fit in that "learned ones" category, the answer
to your question is: Yes.

Unfortunately, I've only scanned the book so far. However, the other
books of hers that I've read are good.

I think you will find one or more reviews of this book in this file
in the FOOD-BOOKS section of my Florilegium:
books-food-msg    (53K) 12/13/99    Books about food. Not cookbooks.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net