SC - Re: 12th C Anglo Norman ravioli

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Mar 12 05:47:30 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/12/2000 2:47:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

<< << "Flowers" of parsley is what Duncan calls the leafy end bits of
parsley.
 He
  basically means leaves, no stems.  I can't think what they might otherwise
 be
  called, other than something like "Leaves only of five sprigs of parsley" .

 Could it mean finely powdered dried parsley (e.g., flour of parsley)? >>

I suppose you could use it that way, but he was cooking them at our house,
had specifically bought fresh parsley, and when I asked him to give the
measurements he was using, told it to me in exactly those words as he was
chopping the fesh leaves.

And how would you know how much "five sprigs" of parsley was if you were
using ground parsley?

Brangwayna Morgan