SC - Baronial Culinary Nights

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sun Mar 12 08:44:13 PST 2000

hey all from Anne-Marie
we are asked:
>How are your Baronial culinary nights organized?  What are some examples
>of other 'nights', and do other folks do them, or just you?

Here in Seattle, we have the Madrone Culinary Guild. We have two meetings a
month. One is a business meeting, where folks fhow up with a potluck dish
to share and we talk about ongoing projects (cookbooks, feasts, parties :),
etc). One is a reconstruction meeting, where the person in charge picks a
fistful of recipes and buys the ingredients listed therein. Folks show up
and make the recipes, with lots of notetaking. Sometimes we have meetings
to refine recipes for banquets, etc. (this metting is RSVP, so the person
in charge knows how many recipes to get ready with).

We also do restaurant tours...picking a restaurant and going to dinner as a
group. We try a bunch of stuff ont he menu and split the bill evenly.
(since we all stole stuff off each others plates :)). We have two parties a
year, the anniversary party and the Xmas party. ther eis usually cooking
involved. We also do a traditional "wine tour". in the past, we've gone to
the Yakima valley for the weekend and hit a bunhc of wineries. This year we
did it at my house...everyone brought a couple bottles of wine and some
food and we had a fine time. oh yes, and we do peasants revel...an event
where we dress in peasants clothes and roll around doing peasant games :).
we have an email list and are working on a website of recipes as well.

Our neighboring canton to the south does a similar thing, with
reconstruction meetings, etc once a week.

works for us...and if you're in the greater Seattle area, look us up! :)
everyone is welcome at guild meetings. Ipromise not to let Ed pick on you
too much :)...

- --AM