SC - Help for Eastern European Feast

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Mon Mar 13 11:47:43 PST 2000

david friedman wrote:

> There is a recent book, in English, on medieval Polish cooking; I
> haven't read it and don't know how reliable it is.

Food and Drink in Medieval Poland?  ISTR that someone had got in touch
with the translator or American publisher or some such, and it was
determined that there were no actual _recipes_ found, and thus the
recipes in the book were reconstructed best-guesses.

Better than nothing, though.  Which is what I have as far as Bohemian
cooking is concerned. :(

Vika
who could've chosen a region with some actual information available,
but NO...