SC - Not Killing yourself in the Kitchen

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 14:13:31 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/12/00 2:28:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mermayde at juno.com writes:

<< My late husband (Master Knikolos, who was originally from Trimaris, one
 of Taly's proteges, btw) got me started bringing a prepared lunch when I
 was cooking.  The first time he walked in with a Subway sandwich, I said
 "But we have all of this food here!" to which he replied "And how much of
 it is ready to eat right now?".  He was right, and having something in
 the fridge to eat for lunch is now part of my routine, or part of the
 pre-planning I teach to my students.  You are so right, it is easy to
 forget to care for yourself when you are in the process of preparing a
 feast (or autocratting, or any other large task).
    Christianna >>
    All of which only further raises my already-high estimate of Knikolos'
character and wisdom......... :-) And bringing some extra lunch food is also
something we tend to do around here, as well as working drinks for the
kitchen crew into the budget. And ice-pops for cleanup time........ (Our big
annual tourney is the last of August, in an unairconditioned site in Southern
Tenn. Can you say "heat stroke", boys and girls?) But some of us *have* been
known to fry up the chicken livers from the birds we were roasting for lunch,
too! (G)

            Ldy Diana