SC - Re: Canning verjus

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Tue Mar 14 03:56:33 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/14/00 1:10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<<  don't understand canned foods with properly sealed lids being thrown away
 after three years as one poster stated she did. If that seal isn't concave
 sure enough, out it goes, but otherwise I don't see the danger.  I've been
 eating home canned fruit and tomatoes that were put up over 5 years ago by
 my mother during a bumper year!   >>

I couldn't remember if I had opened it or not, it had been to Pennsic and
back and botulism doesn't show like other bacterial contamination, it is
odourless and colourless. I'd rather toss a .5 pint of crabapple verjus that
I've had for 3+ years than take the risk.

Hauviette